Give Us an Hour Each Week, We’ll Give You the World
The Diction Dude podcast offers industry advice, interviews, business and craft tips and more — in just an hour or so each Saturday.
Our first show debuted on 17 August 2020:
- We review 10 news bulletins about the most recent week within the publishing industry
- This week’s interview segment? Jason Gillikin — the Diction Dude himself, wherein he introduces himself and shares his vision for helping emerging writers and poets to thrive.
- In the Mailbag, we talk about “woke publishers” and about formatting text messages within a novel manuscript.
- In the Craft segment, Jason offers five reasons why a long novel with a single point-of-view character doesn’t make for optimal storytelling.
- In the Voice segment, we’ll explore the top reasons why novel queries get rejected out of the slush pile, and what you can do to mitigate your risk.
- In the Tribe segment, Jason highlights seven writing contests of note … but beware, they all have a due date of 8/31/2020 or earlier.
Or, chose the video version!