In this inaugural excursion into podcasting excellence:
- We review 10 news bulletins about the publishing industry, from the last 10 days.
- This week’s interview segment? Jason Gillikin — the Diction Dude himself, wherein he introduces himself and shares his vision for helping emerging writers and poets to thrive.
- In the Mailbag, we talk about “woke publishers” and about formatting text messages within a novel manuscript.
- In the Craft segment, Jason offers five reasons why a long novel with a single point-of-view character doesn’t make for optimal storytelling.
- In the Voice segment, we’ll explore the top reasons why novel queries get rejected out of the slush pile, and what you can do to mitigate your risk.
- In the Tribe segment, Jason highlights seven writing contests of note … but beware, they all have a due date of 8/31/2020 or earlier.
The Diction Dude Podcast helps emerging writers to hone their craft, find their voice, and join their tribe.